WWWBoard New Message: Message 323: Lexmark X83 USB Installation Solution HERE|
WWWBoard: Message 323
[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ ]
Posted by AMPMOTU on 05/09/02 at 3:22 PM|
Subject: Lexmark X83 USB Installation Solution HERE
There's a whole bunch of people in this forum having problems with the Lexmark X83 printer, just like I was. After swapping USB cables, which didn't work, I tried a lengthy procedure to get it working and it worked (for now). This is how I got the Lexmark X83 working on a Win2000 machine with an Intel-based (AB/EB) USB chipset:|
1. Updated/flashed BIOS.
2. Booted into Safe Mode and removed the printer from Device Mgr (remove all instances if you have more than one).
3. Rebooted normally and removed the printer from Printers screen.
4. Removed the printer using their Uninstall software (on the Start menu).
5. Rebooted normally.
6. Installed the printer using Lexmark's software and instructions.
7. The printer didn't work right after this, so I cycled the power on the printer and it worked fine after that.
One other thing to note is that I turned off ALL power management features in Display properties. Also instructed the end user (whose computer it is) to NEVER power off or reboot the machine since that's where it seems to lose communication. Hope this helps.